In Terms of the Privacy Act 1993 you are given notice that:
- Requests Information. This application form asks you to provide personal information and
- Purpose of Collection. The information is being collected on this form by the landlord / rental manager whose address is shown on page 3 and is required so that the landlord / rental manager can check the information and be able to assess whether you would be the best applicant on merit for the tenancy and we are also obliged to inquire whether you are a minor and
- Recipient of Information. The intended recipient of this information is New Ground Living whose name appears at the top of this form or the landlord and
- Sight information. We advise that you have the right to see the information we hold about you and
- Correct Information. To correct that information if it is incorrect and
- Holding Information. In the event that New Ground Living Ltd is required to carry out a credit check then New Ground Living Ltd are obliged by law to retain the record of that application.
Other information drawn to your attention:
Understanding. By completing this form you evidence the fact that you are applying to rent a residential house / flat / apartment and You are further advised that: If you do not supply all the information requested in this form you may not be considered as the best applicant on merit for a specific property or other properties available for rent and
By completing this Application Form you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Personal Information includes any information that identifies you or another person, that you provide, or have provided, to us or authorise us to collect at any time (including default information and updated information). This Privacy Statement does not limit our rights and obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
If you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, Personal Information about a third party (such as a guarantor) you confirm that the relevant person has authorised us to collect, use and disclose their Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and that you have informed them about their rights to access their Personal Information set out below.
It is not mandatory to provide us, or authorise us to collect, Personal Information. However, if you do not do so, it is likely to affect our assessment of your tenancy application.
We may collect and use Personal Information to: (a) assess your suitability for a tenancy, including assessing your and your guarantor’s creditworthiness and reference checking; (b) manage and monitor your tenancy (if your application is approved); (c) collect any amounts that you owe to us and/or enforce any Tenancy Tribunal order.
We may use the services of, or provide services to, Dun & Bradstreet (New Zealand) Limited (D&B) (and any other credit reporter and/or debt collection agency), Tenancy Information New Zealand Limited) (TINZ) and TINZ’s related companies (together Authorised Agencies). We may collect Personal Information from, and disclose Personal Information to, Authorised Agencies for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and we may authorise Authorised Agencies to hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the purpose of providing their (or other Authorised Agencies’) services to us and to other clients. You agree that, subject to applicable laws, Authorised Agencies may use Personal Information to provide marketing services to their clients and Authorised Agencies and their clients may communicate with you (including by electronic means) about services and offers that they think may be of interest to you.
Personal Information will be held by us at our business address (6 Vulcan Lane, Auckland Central, New Zealand). You have the right to access and request correction of your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com.